The Nameless Time
The stretch of eons before the rise of Arkhosia, before the advent of modern dating systems, before the fall of the Nameless Empire, is colloquially known among those learned enough to know of it as “The Nameless Time.” Practically nothing is confirmed about this period in history, as the giant’s societal structure, culture or even language has yet to be penetrated. As far as most scholars are concerned, the modern world began with Arkhosia’s founding.
The Arkhosian Era (A.E.)
A seven hundred year stretch of time that saw the rise and fall of the dragonborn empire, The Arkhosian Era dominates the majority of recorded time. During this eon, Colcambria, Obalta and parts of Eregia, Irmina and Dread Salarza were conquered by the crusading dragonborn, the goliath people were enslaved and, at the very final moment, a moon crashed.
- 0 A.E. – Arkhosia is founded in Colcambria.
- 31 A.E. – Usago is founded.
- 48 A.E. – Eudox is founded on the banks of the Khybol River.
- 107 A.E. – The Great Dwarven Houses ally themselves with the Arkhosian Empire.
- 213 A.E. – The Arkhosian Empire conquers all of Colcambria.
- 217 A.E. – The Arkhosian Empire establishes its first colony on Eregia.
- 221 A.E. – Dracoqueen Arkhosia is assassinated. The War of the Wyrmling Princes begins.
- 237 A.E. – The War of the Wyrmling Princes ends. The Xato Marun is founded. Phyrenika I is crowned Empress of Arkhosia in Theokhar.
- 240 A.E. – The Imperial Church of Arkos officially legalizes slavery. Across the Arkhosian Empire, thousands of goliaths are captured and forced into servitude of dragonborn masters.
- 256 A.E. – Dmetrios I is crowned Emperor of Arkhosia in Theokhar.
- 257 A.E. – The Arkhosian Empire establishes Xayo, its first colony on Obalta. Oslé’s Treasury is sealed off.
- 297 A.E. – Dmetrios II is crowned Emperor of Arkhosia in Theokhar.
- 302 A.E. – The Arkhosian Empire establishes its first colony on Irmina. The Eon of Expansion begins.
- 319 A.E. – Demetria I is crowned Empress of Arkhosia in Theokhar.
- 332 A.E. – Phyrenika II is crowned Empress of Arkhosia in Theokhar.
- 344 A.E. – Construction of the Stand of the Vainglorious Queen begins in southern Obalta.
- 374 A.E. – Mnokh is founded on Obalta.
- 401 A.E. – Ofobr, the mining camp that would become Cantilever, City of Constructs, is founded.
- 403 A.E. – Zankaros I is crowned Emperor of Arkhosia in Theokhar.
- 421 A.E. – Zankaros II is crowned Emperor of Arkhosia in Theokhar.
- 463 A.E. – Zankara I is crowned Empress of Arkhosia in Theokhar.
- 483 A.E. – Drazruk is founded in Obalta.
- 490 A.E. – Zankara II is crowned Empress of Arkhosia in Theokhar.
- 523 A.E. – Ofobr officially changes its name to Cantilever.
- 533 A.E. – Greengate Keep is constructed in the Godsbone Mountains.
- 557 A.E. – The wedding of Wynfor and Hefina on Mound Amserdi. ( Episode 6)
- 562 A.E. – The Wet Winter occurs in Obalta.
- 577 A.E. – Tvenkhar I is crowned Emperor of Arkhosia in Theokhar.
- 575 A.E. – The Red Bandana Brotherhood is founded.
- 586 A.E. – Zankara III is crowned Empress of Arkhosia in Theokhar.
- 603 A.E. – The Arkhosian Empire conquers all of Obalta.
- 612 A.E. – A mastmeet in the southwestern Scarlet Sea. ( Episode 20)
- 624 A.E. – Three Seas Shipping is founded.
- 637 A.E. – Zankara IV is crowned Empress of Arkhosia in Theokhar.
- 693 A.E. – Lakhri is founded.
- 721 A.E. – The Arkhosian Empire establishes its first colony on Dread Salarza. The Eon of Expansion ends.
- 727 A.E. – Zankaros III is crowned Emperor of Arkhosia in Theokhar. The Red Bandana Brotherhood is disbanded.
- 732 A.E. – The moon crashes to the earth and the Arkhosian Empire is obliterated at a stroke.
The Fall of Imald (F.I.)
With the falling and subsequent destruction of both the moon and the continent it landed on, The Fall of Imald ushered in sweeping change for Qairn as a whole, including the destruction and scattering of the Arkhosian Empire, the liberation of the goliath people and the effective neutralization of the goddess Imald. At the time of the campaign, three hundred years have passed since the mooncrash and over a thousand years since the Arkhosian Empire was founded.
- 0 F.I. – The First Arkhosian-Imaldi War begins.
- 5 F.I. – Illuminite is discovered by House Onyx.
- 8 F.I. – The Treaty of Iar Gyasi is signed.
- 10 F.I. – Raborox is founded.
- 11 F.I. – The Five Capital Confederacy rebrands itself as the Arkhosian Kingdom. King Mycrete I is crowned First King of Arkhosia in Xoban.
- 14 F.I. – Malaphar is founded.
- 19 F.I. – After massive revolts, slavery is officially outlawed by the Arkhosian crown.
- 22 F.I. – First reported sightings of orc raiders from Dread Salarza on Eregian, Irminan and Obaltan shores.
- 24 F.I. – Greve is founded.
- 44 F.I. – The first case of scale rot is reported in Obalta.
- 48 F.I. – Mycrete II is crowned King of Arkhosia in Rhogar.
- 62 F.I. – The Second Arkhosian-Imaldi War begins.
- 63 F.I. – The Treaty of Vamora is signed.
- 66 F.I. – The Ûnczar Conspiracy is unmasked.
- 78 F.I. – Belltower Collegium is founded.
- 81 F.I. – The city of Belltower is founded around the university.
- 93 F.I. – The Eh’qa’qo’mé goliath tribe is first formed.
- 101 F.I. – Prologue begins. The Battle for Greenapple occurs.
- 103 F.I. – The Infernal Marriage is broken and Malaphar’s power is shattered.
- 109 F.I. – The Sack of Cantilever occurs.
- 121 F.I. – The Empire of Tojezen is founded.
- 123 F.I. – Phyrenika III is crowned Queen of Arkhosia in Vrakhos.
- 129 F.I. – Odizkhar Raz was founded.
- 133 F.I. – The Two-Years War begins.
- 135 F.I. – The Treaty of Viomar is signed.
- 159 F.I. – Mycrete III is crowned King of Arkhosia in Rhogar.
- 170 F.I. – Havros I is crowned King of Arkhoisa in Sozinex.
- 178 F.I. – Havrosa I is crowned Queen of Arkhosia in Vrakhos.
- 206 F.I. – Althoren Zencaré is born. The Crycrag Mountains are renamed the Spine of Tojezen.
- 201 F.I. – Epitaph was founded on the Odizkhar Chain.
- 227 F.I. – The Third Arkhosian-Imaldi War begins. The city of Xayo is put to the torch.
- 232 F.I. – The Treaty of Iar Adri is signed.
- 233 F.I. – Mycrete IV is crowned King of Arkhosia in Vrakhos.
- 238 F.I. – Cutter is born.
- 244 F.I. – Eramos I is crowned King of Arkhosia in Rhogar.
- 248 F.I. – Cantilever completes construction on its revolving brass walls.
- 249 F.I. – Eramos II is crowned King of Arkhosia in Rhogar.
- 258 F.I. – The Three Sea Shipping quarantine around Obalta comes into effect; the Shackled Armada is smashed, the population of Memelo vanishes.
- 290 F.I. – Typhoenos Viomarkh is born.
- 308 F.I. – Hill giants seize control of Bulmer’s Folly.
- 309 F.I. – The Cities of the Petition are formed.
- 310 F.I. – Vaca L’oy Dakursa is born.
- 316 F.I. – Chogaruk is born.
- 318 F.I. – Xonarkh I is crowned King of Arkhosia in Vrakhos.
- 323 F.I. – Zanna is born.
- 336 F.I. – The Raborox Rebellion begins in Irmina.
- 333 F.I. – Mycrete VI is crowned King of Arkhosia in Vrakhos.
- 338 F.I. – The “Mooncrash” campaign began.
A Note About Imaldi Dating
From what little information expatriate eladrin and the gnomish population have been willing to share, the dwarves haven’t necessarily be able to construct an accurate timeline of the history of Imald, as there doesn’t seem to be one. The Imaldi don’t keep traditional records, as they believe their home to be a paradise beyond the need for reflection. They do keep genealogies, however, and to extrapolate from the hereditary history of the three regencies, the Imaldi culture appears to be over four thousand years old, an assertion most dwarven scholars find difficult to swallow.